This simple recipe is from runnyrunny999 on YouTube. Its just 3 ingredients all of which I had on hand and thought it would be a good way to use up my last jar of homemade marmalade and a few chicken tenders. The teri is the shine and the yaki is the grilling and hence teriyaki is barbequed chicken but for a quick preparation you can do this in a non-stick skillet in about 15 minutes. Its caramelized sweet soy and tangy orange glazed chicken without all the basting and waiting. Garnish with toasted sesame seeds and scallions. Serve with jasmine rice and your fav veggie.
- 1 lb chicken boneless thighs or tenders
- 1/2 cup soy sauce (I like Kikkoman)
- 1/3 cup Orange Marmalade (homemade is best)
- Salt and pepper chicken and heat 1 Tbsp vegetable oil in a non-stick skillet over medium high heat.
- Saute chicken until lightly browned on all sides. Remove chicken to a plate.
- Add soy sauce and marmalade to the center of the pan and stir until smooth. Cook sauce until it thickens and add back the chicken.
- Continue cooking and turning the chicken pieces in the sauce until the chicken is done and the glaze is shiny.